quick sweet ripe mango chutney recipe – i am still addicted to mangoes even after the rains have started pouring here. today i made a sour chutney with those mangoes.
this mango chutney posted here is made from ripe mangoes. the sweet mango chutney recipe has been shared by one very regular reader of the blog – Lajwanti Shetty. Lajwanti had sent me some quick recipes and one of them was this mango chutney. it is a south indian chutney made from sweet and ripe mangoes along with coconut. thanks Lajwanti for sharing the recipes.
the mango chutney goes very well with dal-rice combination. since it is sweet and made along with coconut it tastes good with idli and dosas too… not to forget we would have the chutney with rotis and parathas too. in fact you can just have the chutney directly. it is sooo tasty and good.
in this chutney the mangoes are not blended or made into a pulp. if using large mangoes like alphonso than just peel and chop the mangoes finely. squeeze the juice from the seed into the chutney and add the chopped mangoes to it.
if using the small and juicy varieties of mangoes, then peel, remove the seeds and just add the whole mangoes to the chutney and mix well.
so if you still have access to ripe mangoes in your city or town, then do try this yummy sweet mango chutney made from ripe mangoes.
if you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check coconut chutney, sour mango chutney, mint coriander chutney, tomato chutney, tamarind date sweet chutney, hotel style coconut chutney and mint chutney for tandoori recipes.
quick sweet ripe mango chutney recipe below:
- 2 ripe alphonso mangoes or 4 small sweet ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grated fresh grated coconut
- 2 to 3 red kashmiri chillies
- 2 small garlic cloves
- ½ inch piece of tamarind (imli)
- salt to taste
- a little jaggery to taste (gur)
- grind the coconut, red chilies, garlic, jaggery, salt and tamarind to a fine paste with little water.
- remove the chutney in a bowl. taste and adjust the seasoning.
- if using alphonso mangoes, then chop the mangoes finely and mix it with the rest of the chutney.
- if using the small variety of mangoes, then just peel these mangoes.
and add them to the chutney.
- mix well and serve the mango chutney with dal rice or idli, dosa or even parathas.
- reduce the number of chilies for less spicy chutney.
- if you don't eat garlic, then skip the garlic in the chutney.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes