eggless apple cake recipe – after a long time posting a vegan and easy apple cake recipe. this apple cake was so good with moist and soft chunks of apples…. that as soon as it was baked we finished it. i only had two slices left of the cake to take the final pic.
this apple cake is made with 1:1 ratio of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour (maida). a very light and low fat cake without the use of butter or too much oil. i have just used 1/4 cup oil in the cake.
i get many queries asking me which whole wheat flour i use to make cakes or breads. i use atta or the whole wheat flour made with durum hard wheat. this is the same flour that we use to make rotis or parathas. i use organic whole wheat chakki ground atta which is basically stone ground flour.
i have added coconut sugar in the cake, which gave the cake an earthy flavor. coconut sugar tastes similar to palm jaggery. if you have coconut sugar than do add it to the cake. also powdered palm jaggery would work good. the cake would also taste good with brown sugar or powdered sugar. this is also a spiced apple cake and cinnamon and nutmeg add a lot in terms of aroma to the cake.
this apple cake recipe is adapted from my earlier apple upside down cake recipe. a simple and easy recipe where you just need to mix the ingredients with a spatula or spoon. no creaming, no using electric gadgets etc. the cake can also be made with peaches, plums, pineapples or even cherries. just make sure that the fruit is sweet. or you can lightly cook the fruits in sugar syrup or macerate them in sugar. pineapple, plums or peaches can give a sour and tart taste in this sweet cake, which may not go well with some folks.
apple cake recipe details below:
- 1 medium sized apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour/maida
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or regular powdered sugar or palm jaggery or organic unrefined cane sugar (adjust as required)
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract or powder
- sieve all the dry ingredients first, except the sugar and chopped apple.
- add the chopped apples and stir in the sieved flours.
- now add the sugar and mix it well.
- now add the wet ingredients one by one.
- stir well so that there is a uniform mixture.
- now add the lemon juice and give a quick stir so that the lemon juice is incorporated well in the cake batter.
- pour into a greased cake tin.
- bake in a preheated oven for 45-50 mins at 180 degrees C/356 degrees F or more till a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- unmold and cool on a rack.
- serve the apple cake cake warm or when cooled with tea or coffee.
Update: due to recent policies of facebook, many of you are not getting update from Veg Recipes of India facebook page. to keep getting updates, kindly go to our facebook page and click on “Liked” option and then select “See First” option under the drop down menu “IN YOUR NEWS FEED“. another option, is to occasionally show interest in our facebook page updates by liking, sharing or commenting in the facebook post. thanks for your continuous support and cooperation.
lets starts step by step eggless apple cake recipe:
1: sift the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, salt in a bowl. add the peeled & chopped apples and mix them in the flour.
2: add the coconut sugar and mix well. mine had lumps which i broke with the spoon while mixing.
3: add the oil, water and vanilla. stir well so that the mixture is uniform.
4: lastly add the lemon juice and give a quick stir.
5: pour into a prepared cake tin. tap the sides to allow the bubbles to escape.
6: bake in a preheated oven for 45-50 mins at 180 degrees C till done.
7: once done, unmold and place the cake on a rack to cool. the apple cake can be served warm or at room temperature with tea or coffee. you can also tightly wrap the apple cake in a cling film or keep the cake in an air tight box and refrigerate.
Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media