easy bhatura recipe with step by step photos. this recipe takes less time unlike the bhatura version i have posted before. there are two more bhatura recipes in the blog – aloo bhatura and quick bread bhatura recipe.
the bhatura recipe is made with maida/all purpose flour and fine semolina/sooji. i have also made the same recipe with rice flour. here i did not add the sooji. both ways the bhatura tasted good. the rice flour ones were softer even after cooling. below pic is the bhatura made with rice flour and maida.
baking soda and yogurt both act as leavening agents. you can add ¼ or ½ tsp of baking soda. i have used both the proportions of baking soda and they work fine.
easy bhatura or bhature recipe below:
- 1.5 cups maida or all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sooji/rava/fine semolina or ½ cup rice flour
- ½ tbsp oil or ghee
- ½ tbsp fine sugar
- ½ tsp salt or as required
- ¼ tsp or ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup yogurt/dahi
- water for kneading as required
- oil for deep frying
- sieve the maida/all purpose flour with baking soda and salt.
- add the sooji and sugar. mix well. add the yogurt and mix again.
- add very little water, just about ½ tbsp and begin to knead.
- knead the dough, adding water as required. make a smooth and soft dough.
- cover the dough with a wet napkin and keep aside for 2 hours.
- heat oil in a kadai or pan for deep frying.
- make small to medium sized balls from the dough.
- roll the balls between your palms to make them even.
- keep the balls covered with the wet kitchen napkin.
- take a ball and flatten them. apply oil on both sides and with a rolling pin roll, the ball into oval or elongated shape.
- make neither thick nor thin bhaturas.
- rotate the rolling board while rolling the bhatura as it much easier than lifting it, since we are not using flour to roll them.
- when the oil is hot enough, place the rolled bhatura gently into the oil. the bhatura will puff up.
- aid in puffing the bhatura by appling light pressure on it with a slotted spoon.
- when the oil stops sizzling, turn oven and fry the other side.
- when the bhatura is light golden, remove and drain on kitchen paper towels.
- make the rest of the bhaturas this way.
- serve the bhatura hot with chana masala.
lets start step by step easy bhatura recipe:
1. sieve the maida, salt and baking soda. add the semolina & sugar.
2. add the yogurt and mix well.
3. add water in intervals and knead to a smooth and soft dough.
4. cover the dough with a wet napkin and keep aside for 2 hours.
5. make medium sized balls from the dough. apply oil while rolling and roll into an oval or elongated shape.
6. drop the bhatura in hot oil and it will start puffing within a minute.
7. when the sizzling of the oil stops, turn over and fry the other side.
8. when light golden, remove the bhatura and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Follow us on Social Media