chana chaat - a quick brunch, a quick snack is what we sometimes need when we are too busy or when we are too lazy
the recipe of chana chaat is a quick one if you have leftover boiled chana (chickpeas) and not so quick if you do not have leftover boiled chana
ok… enough of contradictions. lets come to the recipe details
the chana chaat recipe posted here does not have boiled potatoes, but you could add them. its quick and easy to make and assemble. you could serve the chaat warm or cold. it can be served a starter, snack or even can be had as a brunch.
chana chaat: serves 3-4
preparation time: 5 mins
ingredients for chana chaat:
- 3 cups boiled chana (white chickpeas, kabuli chana, garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chili finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- black salt as per taste
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 5-6 pani pooris or papdis crushed
- a few chopped coriander leaves
method to make chana chaat:
- in a bowl or a large plate take the boiled chana.
- add the chopped tomatoes, onions and green chili to it.
- add all the dry spice powders and black salt.
- mix the entire mixture well.
- add lime juice to the chaat.
- your chaat is ready.
- garnish the chana chaat with some crushed papdis or pani pooris and chopped coriander leaves.
- serve the chana chaat instantly.
tips for making chana chaat:
- you could adjust the spice powders, black salt and lime juice as per your taste
- when you boil the chana, add some salt to the water in which you would boil the chana.
- do not add green chili if you do not want to eat a spicy and hot chaat.
- if you want to serve the chaat cold, the do not add the crushed pooris and coriander leaves. when you serve the cold chaat, then you add the crushed pooris and coriander leaves.
- the chaat will be warm if you have freshly cooked the chanas and are not using leftover cooked chanas.
- if you cook the chana then the preparation time will be 25-30 minutes – to cook the chanas/chickpeas in the pressure cooker. take 1¾ cup of chanas/chickpeas to get approximate 3 cups boiled chanas.
chana chaat recipe details are below: