Read This Recipe in -> Hindi
this pudina chutney has the same taste of the ones served in restaurants. the chutney recipe is ready in 15 minutes and is very easy to make and you don’t need to make special tandoori snacks to make this chutney. you can serve this chutney with any snacks like:
vegans you can make this pudina chutney with cashew yogurt instead of using dairy yogurt. there is another mint chutney recipe shared on blog which can be used as a spread for sandwiches or can be served with any indian snacks. you can check this recipe here – mint chutney for snacks.
mint chutney recipe quick video (38 seconds video)
mint chutney or pudina chutney recipe below:
pudina chutney recipe - tangy mint chutney served as a side dish with tandoori snacks or kebabs.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh curd or yogurt or cashew yogurt
- 1.5 cups fresh mint leaves (pudina)
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (dhania)
- 1 green chili (hari mirch), chopped
- 1 small onion (pyaaz), chopped
- ½ inch ginger (adrak), chopped
- 2 to 3 small to medium garlic cloves (lahsun) chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur) or dry pomegranate seeds powder (anardana powder)
- black salt or rock salt as required
take the curd in a bowl and beat it with a whisk or spoon or egg beater till smooth.
mix the spice powders and salt with the curd.
grind the mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, onion and green chili with little water to a smooth paste.
mix the freshly ground green chutney with the curd.
blend both of these till they become uniform and one in color.
check the mint chutney for salt and seasonings and add more if needed.
serve the pudina chutney with any tandoori snack or starter.
vegan can substitute milk yogurt with following:
1. cashew yogurt
2. or almond yogurt
3. or 1 small tomato
4. or a bit of lemon juice
at times, i make this chutney with tomatoes and it taste equally good.
how to make mint chutney or pudina chutney recipe:
1: take 3 to 4 tablespoon curd (dahi or yogurt) in a bowl and whisk it till its smooth. add 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon chaat masala, 1 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder) and salt to the curd and mix well.
2: in a blender or wet grinder take 1.5 cup freshly rinsed mint leaves (pudina), 1 cup coriander leaves, 1 chopped green chili, 1 small chopped onion, 2 to 3 garlic cloves and ½ inch chopped ginger.
3: grind with a little water to a smooth paste. mix the green chutney paste with the curd.
4: with a spoon start to blend both the green chutney and curd. continue to mix and blend till the whole mint chutney becomes uniform and in one color. check the mint chutney for salt and seasonings and add more if needed.
5. serve the pudina chutney immediately or serve it cold with any tandoori snack or starter recipes like: