instant coconut ladoo recipe with video and step by step photos – 2 ingredient delicious ladoos that are pretty quick to make. the 2 main ingredients are desiccated coconut and milkmaid (sweetened condensed milk).
this quick coconut ladoo recipe is ridiculously easy to put together and even a beginner can make this easily. the method is good for students or folks who are studying or working outside india and thus can celebrate indian festivals by making quick and easy sweets like this coconut ladoo. ingredients like desiccated coconut and condensed milk are easily available everywhere.
4 variations of making coconut ladoo recipes
- coconut ladoo with khoya (made with fresh grated coconut and mawa)
- nariyal ke ladoo (with desiccated coconut. need 1 thread consistency in the sugar syrup)
- coconut ladoo recipe (3 ingredient ladoos with fresh grated coconut and condensed milk)
- narkel naru (delicious bengali style coconut ladoo made with jaggery and fresh grated coconut).
variations you can make in this instant coconut ladoo recipe
- i have added cardamom powder for some aroma, but you can skip it if you want.
- i have not added dry fruits, but you can add dry fruits also.
- recipe can be easily doubled, halved or tripled.
- there is no need to add sugar as condensed milk gives enough sweetness. for lesser sweet taste you can reduce the quantity of condensed milk and add about ¾ cup of it.
- both amul mithai mate and milkmaid work well in this recipe.
- the desiccated coconut used is not the grated or shredded dry coconut, but one in a powder form. its also called as desiccated coconut powder.
- ghee is optional to use and so is cardamom powder. if not using ghee, then just roast the coconut in pan on a low flame for a minute.
- rolling the ladoos in desiccated coconut is optional and can be skipped.
you can serve instant coconut ladoos as a sweet. the ladoos should be refrigerated and these stay good for about 10 to 12 days. however on refrigeration they lose their soft texture but still taste very good.
instant coconut ladoo
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2.5 cups desiccated coconut powder (nariyal ka burada)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk (milkmaid)
- ⅓ teaspoon cardamom powder (choti elaichi powder)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut, for coating on ladoos
how to make instant coconut ladoo
keep a heavy bottomed pan or kadai on stove top. add 1 tablespoon ghee and let it melt.
keep the flame to a low and then add 2.5 cups desiccated coconut powder.
on a low flame, saute the coconut for 1 minute.
then add 1 cup condensed milk.
mix the condensed milk very well with the coconut.
on a low to medium-low flame with non stop stirring saute the mixture till it starts to leave sides of pan.
then switch off the flame and add cardamom powder.
mix very well.
let the mixture become warm or cool down at room temperature. then with a spoon, scoop out the ladoo mixture and shape in round ladoos.
in a plate take 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut. roll the coconut ladoo in desiccated coconut.
make all coconut ladoos this way. scrape of all the mixture from the pan with a spoon and use them too to make ladoos.
serve instant coconut ladoos as a sweet. the remaining ladoos you can refigerate and these stay good for about 10 to 12 days.
- recipe can be doubled or tripled
- cardamom powder can be skipped.
- dry fruits and nuts can be added.
- for lesser sweet taste add ¾ cup of condensed milk.
note: as a blogger, if you you want to use this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to this recipe url - instant coconut ladoo on Veg Recipes of India. its a fair and ethical practice. for using our image please write to us. all our images and content are copyright protected.
how to make instant coconut ladoo
1. keep a heavy bottomed pan or kadai on stove top. add 1 tablespoon ghee and let it melt.
2. keep the flame to a low and then add 2.5 cups desiccated coconut powder.
3. on a low flame saute the coconut for 1 minute.
4. then add 1 cup condensed milk.
5. mix the condensed milk very well with the coconut.
6. on a low to medium-low flame with non stop stirring saute the mixture till it starts to leave sides of pan.
7. switch off the flame when the mixture has thickened and leaves the sides of pan. then add ⅓ teaspoon cardamom powder.
8. mix very well.
9. let the mixture become warm or cool down at room temperature. then with a spoon, scoop out the ladoo mixture.
10. shape into ladoos.
11. make a round ladoo.
12. in a plate take 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut. roll the ladoo in desiccated coconut.
13. make all coconut ladoo this way. scrape of all the mixture from the pan with a spoon and use them too to make ladoos.
14. serve coconut ladoo as a sweet. the remaining ladoos you can refrigerate and these stay good for about 10 to 12 days.