Aloo paneer kofta recipe with step by step photos. melt in the mouth soft texture delicious paneer kofta with a crisp exterior. I had made these paneer kofta for malai kofta gravy recipe. So half of these aloo paneer kofta went in the Malai kofta gravy and half were served as a snack on the next day.
In this recipe the koftas are made with mashed potatoes, paneer and few spices. These aloo paneer kofta can be made as a tea time snack or can be added in an onion tomato gravy or bhuna maslaa gravy and then served as a kofta gravy dish for lunch or dinner. They taste good as a snack and also in a gravy dish.
You can easily change this Paneer ka kofta recipe, so that it can also be made during religious fasting (vrat) or for Navratri fasting.
How to make aloo paneer kofta for fasting
- Just substitute the corn flour with fasting flours like water chestnut flour (singhare ka atta) or buckwheat flour (kuttu ka atta) or arrow root flour.
- Don’t forget to use rock salt (sendha namak) instead of regular salt.
- Skip adding garam masala powder, chaat masala powder or any other ingredient which don’t use for regligious fasting at your home.
In the aloo paneer kofta recipe below i have given the original recipe which Makes about 14 to 16 medium sized koftas. you can halve this recipe and make 7 to 8 koftas if required. The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
Serve the Aloo Paneer kofta hot or warm with sweet chutney or tomato sauce or pudina chutney.
How to prepare aloo paneer ka kofta
1: mix the grated boiled aloo (potatoes), grated paneer, spice powders, corn starch, coriander leaves and salt in a bowl.
2: mix really well and then take a medium sized ball from the mixture and flatten it.
3: place chopped dry fruits in the center.
4: bring the edges toward the center and seal the dry fruits mixture completely with the outer covering. make all aloo paneer kofta this way. You can give any shape you want, round or oblong. I flattened them a bit for ease of frying.
5: heat oil for shallow frying or deep frying in a pan and add the aloo paneer kofta.
6: carefully fry the kofta in the oil till golden brown.
7: drain the fried aloo paneer kofta on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
8: Serve aloo Paneer kofta hot or warm with coriander chutney or sweet chutney or tomato sauce.
Few more Paneer snacks recipes for you!
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
aloo paneer ka kofta
- 200 grams paneer (cottage cheese) - grated
- 3 medium sized potatoes (aloo) - which have been boiled and peeled and then grated
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder or crushed black pepper
- ¼ or ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ or ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 or 1.5 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
- 1.5 or 2 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon mixed chopped dry fruits - almonds, cashews, pistachois and raisins
- 1.5 tablespoon almond flour or 1 tablespoon milk powder or 1.5 tablespoon khoya (mawa or dried evaporated milk solids) - [i used almond flour]
- vegetable oil for frying - i used rice bran oil
- rock salt or regular salt as required
- chaat masala as required (optional)
preparation for aloo paneer kofta
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except the dry fruits.
- Check the seasoning and add more salt or spice powders if required.
- Take a medium sized ball from the mixture and flatten it slightly.
- Place the dry fruits in the center.
- Bring the edges toward the center and cover the dry fruits completely.
- Seal the kofta well, so that they do not break while frying.
- Make all the paneer ka kofta this way.
frying aloo paneer kofta
- Heat oil for shallow frying or deep frying in a kadai or pan.
- Add the stuffed koftas and fry till golden brown from all over.
- Drain them on paper tissues to remove excess oil.
- Serve aloo paneer kofta hot or warm with green chutney or sweet chutney and sprinkled with some chaat masala.
- They can also be made to be added to malai kofta curry.
Tips for making aloo paneer kofta
- I added 1.5 tbsp corn flour/corn starch to the kofta mixture and the koftas did not break. However, when making koftas, just add a small ball of the mixture first in the oil and if it does not break, then move ahead with frying the rest of the koftas. If the paneer kofta does break, then add some more corn flour to bind them well.
- The oil has to be medium hot. Too hot oil, will brown the paneer kofta quickly with the inside remaining uncooked. A warm oil, will make the paneer koftas soak oil and become greasy. The texture in the latter case also would not be good.
- Use rock salt (sendha namak) instead or regular salt.
- Substitute the corn flour with fasting flours like water chestnut flour (singhare ka atta) or buckwheat flour (kuttu ka atta) or arrow root flour.
- Skip adding garam masala powder, chaat masala powder or any other ingredient which don't use for regligious fasting at your home.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.