aloo chaat is a simple and easy dish that can be made during navratri fasting or any other fast or during regular days also. if not making for navratri fasting, then use regular salt or black salt. i have also shared another easy and quick aloo chaat recipe which can be made on regular days.
you can adjust the spice powders to suit your taste buds. aloo chaat can also be had as a quick snack or starters. even kids would love this snack.
at home we prepare many delicacies during navratri and aloo chaat is one of them. i generally don’t fast except for the first day of navratri, but my mil does and we make many fasting recipes during this time.
i plan to add some simple and easy to make vrat or fasting recipes for navratri this season. so here i present an easy recipe of vrat ki aloo chaat.
if you are looking for more fasting recipes then do check:
vrat ki aloo chaat
INGREDIENTS FOR vrat ki aloo chaat
- 2 medium sized potatoes (aloo)
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder (optional)
- ¼ or ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- rock salt or sendha namak as required
- water for boiling the potatoes
- a few coriander leaves or mint leaves for garnishing the potatoes
- oil for shallow frying or deep frying.
HOW TO MAKE vrat ki aloo chaat
- parboil the potatoes in a pressure cooker or pan in water to which some rock salt has been added.
- once the potatoes become warm or cool, then peel the skin and dice them.
- shallow or deep fry or pan fry the diced potatoes.
- drain on kitchen paper napkins.
- take the fried potatoes in a bowl.
- add all the spice powders and salt to the potatoes.
- toss the potatoes in these well.
- sprinkle some lemon juice on the potatoes.
- garnish aloo chaat with coriander leaves or mint leaves or both and serve vrat ki aloo chaat hot or warm.
how to prepare vrat ki aloo chaat
1. parboil 2 potatoes in a pressure cooker or pan in water to which some rock salt has been added.
2. allow the potatoes to cool down slightly, then peel the skin and dice them.
3. shallow or deep fry or pan fry the diced potatoes on low heat, till golden brown.
6. sprinkle sendha namak/rock salt as required.
7. pour ½ teaspoon of lemon juice on the potatoes.
8. toss the potatoes in these well.
garnish aloo chaat with coriander leaves or mint leaves or both and serve vrat ki aloo chaat hot or warm.