the mint chutney has the same taste of the ones served in restaurants. the chutney recipe is ready in 15 minutes and is very easy to make and you don’t need to make special tandoori snacks to make this chutney. just to have the chutney with baked or fried potato wedges is so comforting…. at least it is comforting for me 😉
you can serve the mint chutney with any snack of your choice. i even remember once having it with samosas and the combo was so good. i served it with paneer tikka. you can also serve it with veg cutlet, cheese balls, veg burger, veg sandwich, veg nuggets, khaman dhokla and bread pakora.
vegans you can make this chutney with cashew yogurt instead of using dairy yogurt.
pudina chutney or mint chutney recipe below:
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh curd/yogurt or cashew yogurt
- 1 and half cup fresh mint leaves/pudina
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves/dhania
- 1 green chili/hari mirch, chopped
- 1 small onion/pyaaz, chopped
- ½ inch ginger/adrak, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves/lahsun, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp dry mango powder/amchur or dry pomegranate seeds powder/anardana powder
- black salt or rock salt as required
- take the curd in a bowl and beat it with a whisk or spoon or egg beater till smooth.
- mix the spice powders and salt with the curd.
- grind the mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, onion and green chili with little water to a smooth paste.
- mix the freshly ground green chutney with the curd.
- blend both of these till they become uniform and one in color.
- serve the mint chutney with any tandoori snack or starter.
step by step pudina chutney or mint chutney recipe:
1: take 3 to 4 tbsp curd in a bowl and whisk it till its smooth. add 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chaat masala and 1 tsp amchur/dry mango powder to the curd and mix well.
2: in a blender or wet grinder take 1.5 cup freshly rinsed mint leaves/pudina, 1 cup coriander leaves, 1 chopped green chili, 1 small chopped onion, 2-3 garlic cloves and ½ inch chopped ginger.
3: grind with a little water to a smooth paste. mix the green chutney paste with the curd.
4: with a spoon start to blend both the green chutney and curd.
continue to mix and blend till the whole mint chutney becomes uniform and in one color. check the mint chutney for salt and seasonings and add more if needed.Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media