this is the same mint chutney recipe that is served in restaurants with tandoori snacks like kebabs and tikkas, be it veg or non veg.
i made this mint chutney when i made paneer tikka. i am somewhat late in posting this recipe. wanted to post this chutney recipe and the mathri recipe yesterday, but some website server issues prevented me from doing so. so posting it today.
this mint chutney recipe has the same taste of the ones served in restaurants. the chutney recipe is ready in 15 minutes and is very easy to make and you don’t need to make special tandoori snacks to make this chutney. just to have the chutney with baked or fried potato wedges is so comforting…. at least it is comforting for me
you can serve the mint chutney with any snack of your choice. i even remember once having it with samosas and the combo was so good.
update: since i make this chutney often, i have updated the final pics on the post. after becoming a vegan, now i make this chutney with cashew yogurt. so vegans you can make this chutney with cashew yogurt.
so lets begin step by step recipe for making mint chutney:
1: take curd in a bowl and whisk it till its smooth. add cumin powder, chaat masala and mango powder to the curd and mix well.
2: in a blender or wet grinder take freshly rinsed mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, onion and ginger.
3: grind with a little water to a smooth paste. mix the green chutney paste with the curd.
4: with a spoon start to blend both the green chutney and curd.
continue to mix and blend till the whole mint chutney becomes uniform and in one color. check the mint chutney for salt and seasonings and add more if needed. serve the mint chutney immediately or serve it cold with any tandoori snack or starter recipes like sindhi aloo tuk, french fries, peri peri potato wedges, beetroot tikki, tandoori aloo, hara bhara kabab and aloo tikki.
you might also love to check these chutney recipes:
- sour mango chutney
- garlic chives chutney
- mint coriander chutney
- sesame coconut chutney
- tamarind date sweet chutney
- coconut chutney for idli, dosa
- quick sweet ripe mango chutney
mint chutney recipe details are given below:
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh curd/yogurt or cashew yogurt
- 1 and half cup fresh mint leaves/pudina
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves/dhania
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp dry mango powder/amchur or dry pomegranate seeds powder/anardana powder
- black salt or rock salt as required
- take the curd in a bowl and beat it with a whisk or spoon or egg beater till smooth.
- mix the spice powders and salt with the curd.
- grind the mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, onion and green chili with little water to a smooth paste.
- mix the freshly ground green chutney with the curd.
- blend both of these till they become uniform and one in color.
- serve the mint chutney with any tandoori snack or starter.