mint chutney or pudina chutney recipe – this is the same mint chutney recipe that is served in restaurants with tandoori snacks like kebabs and tikkas, be it veg or non veg.
the chutney has the same taste of the ones served in restaurants. the chutney recipe is ready in 15 minutes and is very easy to make and you don’t need to make special tandoori snacks to make this chutney. just to have the chutney with baked or fried potato wedges is so comforting…. at least it is comforting for me ;-)
few more chutney recipes in the blog are sour mango chutney, garlic chives chutney, mint coriander chutney, tamarind date sweet chutney, coconut chutney for idli, dosa and quick sweet ripe mango chutney.
pudina chutney or mint chutney recipe below:
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh curd/yogurt or cashew yogurt
- 1 and half cup fresh mint leaves/pudina
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves/dhania
- 1 green chili/hari mirch, chopped
- 1 small onion/pyaaz, chopped
- ½ inch ginger/adrak, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves/lahsun, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp dry mango powder/amchur or dry pomegranate seeds powder/anardana powder
- black salt or rock salt as required
- take the curd in a bowl and beat it with a whisk or spoon or egg beater till smooth.
- mix the spice powders and salt with the curd.
- grind the mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, onion and green chili with little water to a smooth paste.
- mix the freshly ground green chutney with the curd.
- blend both of these till they become uniform and one in color.
- serve the mint chutney with any tandoori snack or starter.
step by step pudina chutney or mint chutney recipe:
1: take 3 to 4 tbsp curd in a bowl and whisk it till its smooth. add 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chaat masala and 1 tsp amchur/dry mango powder to the curd and mix well.
2: in a blender or wet grinder take 1.5 cup freshly rinsed mint leaves/pudina, 1 cup coriander leaves, 1 chopped green chili, 1 small chopped onion, 2-3 garlic cloves and ½ inch chopped ginger.
3: grind with a little water to a smooth paste. mix the green chutney paste with the curd.
4: with a spoon start to blend both the green chutney and curd.
continue to mix and blend till the whole mint chutney becomes uniform and in one color. check the mint chutney for salt and seasonings and add more if needed.
serve the mint chutney immediately or serve it cold with any tandoori snack or starter recipes like sindhi aloo tuk, french fries, peri peri potato wedges, beetroot tikki, tandoori aloo, hara bhara kabab and aloo tikki.