lahsuni bhindi or garlic bhindi recipe – this is an very easy and spicy bhindi recipe and won’t take much of your time.
as far as bhindi or okra is concerned, i am always open to new recipes. this lahsuni bhindi is an example of such a recipe.
flavored with garlic, chilies and onions…. a spicy bhindi recipe that goes extremely well with rotis or phulkas. i read the recipe in a cook book and adapted it to suit our taste preferences.
the original recipe has used 10 green chilies for 200 gms of bhindi which i think is a way too hot and spicy for us to handle. so i added just 1 green chili and this did make the bhindi a bit spiced up.
this lahsuni bhindi recipe make a good indian tiffin box lunch along with some soft chapatis or whole wheat bread. you can also serve lahsuni bhindi as a side veggie dish with dal-rice or curry-rice combination.
Update: due to recent policies of facebook, many of you are not getting update from Veg Recipes of India facebook page. to keep getting updates, kindly go to our facebook page and click on “Liked” option and then select “See First” option under the drop down menu “IN YOUR NEWS FEED“.
garlic bhindi or garlic okra recipe below:
- 200 gms bhindi/okra/lady finger
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped or sliced garlic/lahsun
- 1 green chili, chopped or slit
- ½ tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- ¼ or ½ tsp red chili powder/lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder/amchur
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- some chopped coriander or mint for garnishing
- rinse, wipe and dry the bhindi/okra.
- slice each bhindi vertically, into two or four slices.
- smaller okra can be sliced into two and larger ones can be sliced into four.
- heat oil in a pan or kadai. crackle the cumin first.
- add the garlic and asafoetida. fry for 15-20 seconds.
- then add the sliced onions and saute till they become translucent.
- add turmeric powder, green chilies and stir.
- add the bhindi. stir in salt.
- cover the pan and let the bhindi cook for 5 minutes.
- remove the lid and add the red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, dry mango powder. stir well.
- cook without any lid till the oil starts separating and the bhindi has cooked.
- if the okra mixture starts to stick to the pan, then sprinkle some water and continue to cook.
- stir for some times, when the bhindi is cooking.
- garnish lahsuni bhindi with some coriander or mint leaves and serve lahsuni bhindi with roti or phulkas.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media