jeera aloo or aloo jeera is one of the simple and easy to prepare recipe.
you just need to boil some potatoes first and then saute them with spices. easy and quick in a way. i have also posted another aloo jeera recipe for fasting.
i also make vrat wale jeera aloo sans a few spices for navratri and fasting. in this recipe you can also add some ginger if you want. since this is a no onion no garlic recipe, you can also add a pinch of asafoetida.
jeera aloo recipe details below:
- 5-6 medium size potatoes, boiled
- 2.5 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 green chilies, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 3 to 4 tsp lemon juice or add as per taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- sendha namak/rock salt for taste
- peel the boiled potatoes and cut into cubes.
- in a pan, heat oil.
- add the cumin seeds and let these sizzle in the oil.
- now add the green chilies and fry for a minute.
- add the potato cubes and mix it well with the cumin seeds and chilies.
- sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chili powder and rock salt.
- saute the potatoes for 2-3 minutes.
- add the lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- mix the whole mixture well for a minute.
- serve the jeera aloo hot.
Follow us on Social Media