jeera aloo or aloo jeera is one of the simple and easy to prepare recipe.
you just need to boil some potatoes first and then saute them with spices. easy and quick in a way. i have also posted another aloo jeera recipe for fasting.
i also make vrat wale jeera aloo sans a few spices for navratri and fasting. in this recipe you can also add some ginger if you want. since this is a no onion no garlic recipe, you can also add a pinch of asafoetida.
serve jeera aloo with pooris, parathas or phulkas. you can also serve this jeera aloo as a side dish with dal-rice.
jeera aloo recipe details below:
- 5-6 medium size boiled potatoes (aloo)
- 2.5 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 2 to 3 green chilies, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 3 to 4 teaspoon lemon juice or add as per taste
- 3 tablespoon oil
- sendha namak or rock salt as per taste
- peel the boiled potatoes and cut into cubes.
- in a pan, heat oil.
- add the cumin seeds and let these sizzle in the oil.
- now add the green chilies and fry for a minute.
- add the potato cubes and mix it well with the cumin seeds and chilies.
- sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chili powder and rock salt.
- saute the potatoes for 2-3 minutes.
- add the lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- mix the whole mixture well for a minute.
- serve the jeera aloo hot.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes