eggless chocolate mousse recipe with step by step photos – this chocolate mousse is made in just 20 minutes… the refrigeration takes 4 hours…. and… your chocolate mousse…. oops… eggless chocolate mousse is ready.
this eggless chocolate mousse recipe is completely vegetarian as it also does not use any gelatine.
i like chocolate mousse… but without eggs. the thought of raw eggs in a regular mousse, just makes me not to have it. i do prefer eggs in cakes, but no eggs for me in a mousse. i have developed a strong dislike for raw eggs in any food product.
the reason being this that i have had umpteen times raw eggs dissolved in milk – my regular breakfast diet as a kid. and gosh… i hated it so much, especially with the raw smell of eggs. till today there are some things, i just cannot eat, coz i was forcefully fed it or forcefully made to have it. god forbid everybody these kind of eating nightmares.
keeping this unpleasant experience behind, i move on to a pleasant and lovely experience of making and savoring an eggless chocolate mousse…
i have adapted this chocolate mousse recipe from tarla dalal’s the chocolate cookbook. i have only made two recipes till now from this book. the first recipe – that of chocolate walnut fudge was a disaster… the taste was very good, but the fudge was all flat… still we ate it all…
i was not sure how the second recipe – that of this eggless chocolate mousse would turn out. i was keeping my fingers crossed and was hoping that the mousse should also not fall flat… and… it did not. the mousse was well set and was a lovely dessert to have after a nice lunch and dinner. you can also check this quick mango mousse recipe.
the original mousse recipe is made from dark chocolate. i made it from milk chocolate. also, in the original recipe, rum is used. we don’t add any liquor to the food we make. hence, i have added apple juice instead of rum. you can use any fruit juice, but remember the mousse will have the flavor and taste of that fruit juice. if you do not want rum or fruit juice, then add water instead.
eggless chocolate mousse recipe below:
- 2 cups milk chocolate or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1½ tbsp golden syrup
- 1½ tbsp rum or any fruit juice or water
- 1 cup - 200 gms fresh cream
- any garnish
- melt the chocolate, golden syrup and rum together in a double boiler till you get a smooth mixture. don't overcook. cool slightly.
- whilst the mousse mixture is cooling, begin to whip the cream till you get soft peaks.
- fold the cream gently into the chocolate mixture.
- once you get a uniform even mousse mixture, pour the mousse in bowl or glasses.
- refrigerate for 4-6 hours or till the mousse is set.
- decorate the eggless chocolate mousse with your favorite garnishings.
step by step eggless chocolate mousse recipe:
1. chop the chocolate and begin to melt it in a double boiler.
2. whilst the chocolate begins to melt, add the golden syrup and rum…
3. and begin to melt gently over heat to a smooth sauce…
4. whip the cream.
5. till you get soft peaks.
6. fold the cream into the chocolate mixture or fold the chocolate mixture into the cream.
7. mix uniformly
8. pour this mixture into stemmed glasses or small bowls. tap the bowls or glasses gently to make an even surface.
9. refrigerate for 4 hours or till the mousse is set. decorate the mousse with chocolate shavings, tutty frutties, cherries, choco chips, fruit slices, wafers, nuts, dark chocolate sauce.. whatever you like and fancy.
serve the eggless chocolate mousse made with love to your loved ones.Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media