mushroom spaghetti bolognese recipe – for pasta and mushroom lovers, this recipe of mushroom spaghetti bolognese is a treat. i did check many recipes online for bolognese and finally came up with my own version.
i have tried to kept the ingredients authentic as in a bolognese, except for carrots and white or red wine. i did not have white or red wine, so have added balsamic vinegar instead.
the bolognese sauce is made first and then the spaghetti are tossed in the sauce. here i have used organic durum wheat spaghetti.
the result was smooth, flavorful and spiced pasta dish that even beat the gourmet food that one gets outside. the mushrooms adds a lot of texture to the dish and combines with the smoothness of spaghetti very well.
so try this mushroom spaghetti bolognese at home and you won’t miss a gourmet pasta dish ever. serve the spaghetti with a salad and soup by the side. you can also check vegetable pasta in white sauce recipe.
Update: due to recent policies of facebook, many of you are not getting update from Veg Recipes of India facebook page. to keep getting updates, kindly go to our facebook page and click on “Liked” option and then select “See First” option under the drop down menu “IN YOUR NEWS FEED“.
mushroom spaghetti bolognese recipe below:
- 250 gms button mushrooms, rinsed and chopped
- 250 gms whole wheat or semolina spaghetti
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, pureed
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar or ½ tbsp white wine
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs or 2 tsp dry mixed herbs or italian seasoning
- ½ tsp chili flakes or red chili powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper as required
- first cook the pasta in enough boiling water to which some salt has been added.
- cook the spaghetti al dente.
- strain and stir some oil in the pasta so that they don't stick to each other or dry out.
- make a puree of the tomatoes.
- heat olive oil. first add the onions and garlic .
- saute for 2-3 minutes till the onions gets cooked, but don't brown them.
- add the mushrooms and saute them till the mushrooms are cooked.
- this takes about 5-6 minutes.
- the mushroom will shrink in size and appear glazed and lightly browned..
- now add the tomato puree. simmer for 3-4 minutes. stir in between.
- add the celery or basil or a mixture of fresh or dry herbs ( i used celery and basil)
- add the vinegar or wine and stir.
- also add the red chili flakes, salt and pepper. stir the sauce.
- finally add the spaghetti and toss them well so that the sauce coats the spaghetti.
- garnish with some celery or basil and serve mushroom bolognese spaghetti hot with a salad.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media