collection of cookies and biscuit recipes – cookies or biscuits as we call them in india are a popular tea time snack. we love to dip biscuits in our tea. for kids, the biscuits are dipped in milk.
this collection shares 12 biscuits and cookies recipes that i have shared on website. except for one recipe, all of them need an oven to bake the cookies. you can either use a regular oven (OTG) or bake in the convection mode of a microwave oven.
while preparing any baking recipe, be it cookies or cake, always use fresh ingredients like butter, dry fruits, yogurt, cream or oil. also make sure that the baking soda or baking powder is also fresh and in their shelf period.
collection of 12 biscuits and cookies recipes
1. whole wheat nankhatai recipe – easy recipe and method to make nankhatais with atta or whole wheat flour. since they are made from atta, they are a better alternative than nankhatais made with all purpose flour (maida). i have also added besan to give some crumbly texture.
2. coconut cookies recipe – easy eggless coconut cookies made with whole wheat flour, jaggery and desiccated coconut. these can be made in a jiffy and the only time taking part is the baking time. few more coconut based recipes you can make are coconut ladoo, coconut rice, 7 cup barfi and coconut barfi recipe.
3. butter cookies recipe – crisp and tasty butter cookies made from whole wheat flour. these eggless cookies have the buttery taste and flavor and are also crisp.
4. chocolate chip cookies recipe – a really easy one bowl healthy eggless chocolate cookie recipe. these whole wheat cookies are not the usual crisp and chewy cookies. they have a cake like soft texture and a bit of chewiness. they are slightly crisp from out and soft from the center. these cookies can be served plain or used as toppings on ice creams like vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream or choco chip ice cream or pista ice cream or on custards or puddings.
5. eggless coconut macaroons recipe – quick three ingredient 30 minute recipe (baking time included) of coconut macaroons made without eggs.
5. orange crinkle cookies recipe – cookies made from fresh orange juice, whole wheat flour and gram flour (besan). these eggless cookies have a light orange flavor and taste. also they have a moist and soft texture. they are not crisp or crumbly or chewy. i have already shared the recipes of orange muffins and eggless orange cake recipe.
6. cheese biscuits on tawa – soft cheese biscuits made on stove top on a tawa or skillet. these eggless cheese biscuits go very well as a starter or even nice snack with tea or coffee. you can serve them plain or with a side cheesy dip. they also make for a good side snack in tiffin boxes.
7. nankhatai recipe – easy to make nankhatais or indian shortbread cookies, spiced with cardamom and nutmeg. nankhatai is a popular sweet cookie cum snack recipe which is equally liked by kids as well as elders. during diwali, nankhatai is made in many homes. few more popular snacks which are made during festive occasions are shankarpali, gujiya, karanji, butter murruku and chakli.
8. tutti frutti cookies recipe – crisp and tasty tutti frutti cookies made with whole wheat flour (atta). the texture of the cookies is crisp, flaky and a bit crumbly. tutti frutti are candied raw papaya pieces. i don’t make tutti frutti at home. i buy them from outside. you can use tutti frutti in few more recipes like:
9. cheddar cheese biscuits recipe – these whole wheat biscuits tastes like cheese straws. crisp, buttery and smooth biscuits. make a ideal option with tea or coffee. great for kids as well if you reduce the amount of red chili powder and pepper. for more cheese recipes, you can check this collection of 21 cheese recipes.
10. eggless gingerbread cookies recipe – spiced and ginger flavored cookies made with whole wheat flour (atta). ginger bread cakes or cookies are usually made with molasses. in this recipe i have used kakvi instead of molasses. kakvi is a molasses like thick syrup made from sugar cane juice. its a syrup which is made while preparing jaggery. the sweetness in kakvi is comparable to that of honey.
11. easter biscuits recipe – delicious and aromatic biscuits made with sooji (rava or semolina) and whole wheat flour. these bisuits are crisp from outside and soft from within. for more sooji recipes, you can check this collection of 26 rava recipes.
12. cheese biscuits recipe – these cheese biscuits have a crisp texture on the outside and are soft on the inside like bread. they are not what we indians call as biscuits, crisp outside as well as inside. one of the best baked recipes, i have made.