moong sprouts chaat is a quick, easy, tangy and tasty chaat made with moong sprouts, herbs and chutneys.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 2 cups of sprouted moong beans
- 1 small or medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 green chillies, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ or 1 teaspoon chaat masala or add as per taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- 1 large boiled potato
- 1 to 2 tablespoon tamarind chutney or add as per taste (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon green chutney or add as per taste (optional)
- few coriander leaves for garnishing (dhania patta)
- rock salt or black salt as required
- 3 to 4 tablespoon sev or add as required
- 4 to 6 papdis or add as required
cooking moong sprouts
once the moong sprouts are ready, rinse them in water.
then either steam or boil them till the sprouts are completely cooked. you can even keep them half cooked if you want a crunchy taste.
then strain the cooked sprouts very well.
making sprouts chaat
mix all the ingredients listed above with sprouted beans in a bowl except lemon juice, sev and papdis.
then add few drops of lemon juice. garnish with some chopped coriander leaves
sprinkle some sev and a few crushed papdi on top. serve moong sprouts chaat immediately. have the chaat immediately otherwise sev and papdi will become soggy and you won't get the crunchy taste.