tandoori gobi recipe - marinated and grilled cauliflower to perfection
Prep Time1 hr 30 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time2 hrs
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 medium size cauliflower head or gobi
for the marination
- 2.25 to 2.5 cups milk yogurt (curd or dahi) or cashew yogurt
- ½ tablespoon ginger + garlic paste (adrak lahsun ka paste) OR approx 1 inch ginger and 2-3 garlic crushed or ground in a mortar-pestle
- ½ or 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ or 1 teaspoon garam masala powder or tandoori masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tablespoon besan - roasted (gram flour)
- 1 or 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- black salt or rock salt as required
preparation for gobi tikka recipe
hung the curd in a cheese cloth and let the whey get drained.
alternatively you could also use a fine mesh sieve to drain the curd
let this whole process take about 45 minutes to 1 hour. you don't want too thick a curd. so 45 mins is fine.
meanwhile, rinse and chop the cauliflower/gobi florets into medium or large size.
try to keep them in one size as its helps in uniform grilling or baking.
boil water with salt. add the florets and simmer them for 3-4 minutes.
switch off the fire and let the florets be in the hot water for 7-8 minutes
drain the florets and keep aside. mix all the ingredients listed under marination.
check the seasoning and add more if required. add the florets and mix well.
marinate for an hour or two. keep in the fridge if you want to marinate for a longer period of time.
baking tandoori gobi
preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. on a grill rack, place the cauliflower florets.
you can also brush them with oil if required.
grill or bake the cauliflower/gobi for 25-30 minutes or till they get cooked and the edges start to become browned. while grilling, after 10 or 15 minutes, remove the tray and turn over the florets
once grilled, remove gobi tikka from the tray and arrange on serving platter or plate.
garnish tandoori gobi with coriander leaves and sprinkle some chaat masala.
serve gobi tikka with mint chutney along with sliced onion and lemon wedges.
you can also sprinkle some lemon juice on the tandoori gobi if you want.
enjoy tandoori gobi with bread, buns or rotis or naan.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 659mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4.2% | Vitamin C: 17% | Calcium: 17.4% | Iron: 2.4%