Capsicum raita is a spiced flavorful raita made with slightly sauteed capsicum and spices.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 cup Fresh curd (yogurt) or 200 grams curd
For tempering and sauteing
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 3 to 4 Curry leaves Chopped or 1 teaspoon chopped curry leaves
- 30 grams Onion, Finely chopped or 1 small onion, finely chopped or ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 30 grams Capsicum or 1 small capsicum Finely chopped or ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum (bell pepper)
- ¼ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Chopped coriander leaves
Rinse and finely chop 1 small capsicum. Also peel, rinse and finely chop 1 small onion. Keep aside. Chop 3 to 4 curry leaves too.
In a mixing bowl, take 1 cup fresh curd.
Whisk curd till smooth. Keep aside.
tempering and sauteing capsicum
Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a small pan.
Add 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds and let them crackle.
When the mustard seeds start crackling, add chopped onion and 1 teaspoon chopped curry leaves. You can even add 1 green chili or 1 dry red chili while sauteing.
On a low to medium flame, stir and saute onions for 1 to 2 minutes.
Then add chopped capsicum. Mix capsicum very well with the onions.
Saute till the capsicum are half done with some crunch in them. This takes about 6 to 7 minutes on a low flame.
Then, switch off the flame and add 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder and salt as per taste. Mix well.
making capsicum raita
Remove the pan from the stove top and pour the capsicum mixture in the whisked yogurt.
Add 1 to 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
Mix everything very well.
Serve the raita with any indian meal.