rice cutlet recipe
rice cutlet recipe - crisp and delicious rice cutlets made from left over cooked rice.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 10 to 12 cutlets
- 1 cup tightly packed cooked rice
- ½ cup tightly packed mashed potatoes or 1 medium to large potato - boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 medium onion finely chopped or ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 green chili chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 1 pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
- salt as required
- 3 tablespoons oil for shallow frying
making rice cutlet mixture
take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, except oil.
mix very well. check the taste and add more spice powders or salt if required.
mix everything very well. when you are mixing, the rice will also get mashed.
shape the mixture into small to medium sized patties or tikkis.
frying rice cutlet
heat 3 tablespoons oil in a frying pan or tawa (skillet).
when the oil becomes medium hot, place the rice cutlets on the tawa.
when the base is lightly browned, flip them and fry the other side.
flip again and fry rice cutlet till they are crisp and golden.
when nicely crisp and golden, remove the rice cutlets and place them on kitchen paper towel.
serve rice cutlets hot with coriander chutney or mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
tips for making rice cutlet recipe
- spices and green chilies can be adjusted as per your taste.
- you can even pan fry the cutlets with less oil.
- instead of besan, you can also use roasted gram flour (sattu) or corn starch or rice flour.
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 79mg | Vitamin A: 0.4% | Vitamin C: 3.1% | Calcium: 0.8% | Iron: 3%