Aamras or mango juice - easy to prepare and a traditional sweet served with pooris,
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 400 grams Mangoes Or 2 large alphonso or 3 to 4 kesar mangoes
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Saffron strands (kesar), optional
- Sugar Or powdered jaggery (gur) - optional
- ¼ teaspoon Dry ginger powder (saunth) - optional
- Water Or milk as required - optional
Rinse the alphonso mangoes. Then peel and chop them.
In a blender, add the chopped mango pieces and blend.
Add cardamom powder and crushed saffron strands.
Stir very well. To thin down the aamras, you can add some sugar or some milk or water.
Pour in small bowls and chill in the refrigerator.
Serve aamras with puri. You can also serve with chapatis.
You could even add your choice of dry fruits to the aamras. If adding cashew-nuts, fry the cashew-nuts till golden brown and then mix it with the aam ras.