easy buttered corn made with corn kernels and seasoned with herbs.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 2 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups water for boiling the corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper, add as required
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs or any herb of your choice or italian herbs (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated cheese (optional)
- salt as required
cooking corn for buttered corn recipe
cook the sweet corn kernels in pressure cooker with salt and water for 3 to 4 whistles. you could also boil in a pan. though this will take longer.
if using corn cobs then pressure cook or steam them in enough water. if pressure cooking, then cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
drain and keep the corn kernels aside.
if using corn cobs, then let them become warm or cool. then remove the corn from the cobs with a knife.
making buttered corn
in another pan or you could use the same pressure cooker, melt the butter.
then add the corn kernels, salt, herbs and black pepper. mix well. remove and serve buttered corn hot.
adding cheese is optional. kids would love to eat a cheesy buttered corn. you could add 1 to 2 tablespoon grated cheese to the above mixture.
on a low flame mix well till cheese melts.
serve buttered corn hot or warm.