choco lava cake recipe
chocolate lava cake - simple and easy recipe of molten lava cake or chocolate lava cake made without eggs.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 3 lava cakes
dry ingredients for choco lava cake
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (atta), 60 to 65 grams
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
wet ingredients for choco lava cake
- ⅓ cup sugar, 75 grams, about 5 to 5.5 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons oil, sunflower or olive oil
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
to be added later
- 90 to 100 grams semi sweet, bitter sweet or sweet chocolate
sifting dry ingredients for cake
take a bowl and place a sieve on it. add whole wheat flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking soda.
sift directly in the bowl. keep aside.
preparing wet ingredients solution
in another bowl take sugar and cold water.
stir till all the sugar is dissolved.
then add oil and stir very well.
next add vanilla extract and lemon juice. again mix.
making chocolate lava cake batter
now add the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients.
mix very well with a wired whisk. however, do not over do the mixing.
pour the batter in greased ramekins or muffin cups.
then place chocolate squares in the batter. gently press the chocolate squares, so that they get immersed in the batter.
baking choco lava cake
place the ramekins in a preheated oven and bake for 200 degrees celsius for 30 to 35 minutes. preheat oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 200 degrees celsius before you start baking.
once done, remove the ramekins from the oven. let the chocolate lava cakes cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
then gently invert the ramekins on a serving plate or tray. be careful as the ramekins will be hot.
tap the base of the ramekins and let the lava cake slid through and fall on the plate.
using a small sieve, dust some cocoa powder or powdered sugar on the choco lava cakes.
serve choco lava cake immediately.
tips for making choco lava cake
- recipe can be doubled.
- instead of ramekins, muffin cups or liners can be used. aluminium foil based muffin cups also can be used.
- depending on the size of muffin cups, you will get less or more number of choco lava cakes.
- for the chocolate, you can use sweet, semi sweet, bitter sweet or milk chocolate.
- do use couverture chocolate instead of compound chocolate.
- also use a good quality cocoa powder.
- oven temperature varies, so do keep a check on baking especially during the last 10 minutes.
- instead of whole wheat flour (atta) you can also use all purpose flour (maida).
- you can use vanilla essence instead of vanilla extract. in that case, just add ¼th teaspoon of vanilla essence.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin C: 1.2% | Calcium: 4.4% | Iron: 36.9%