strawberry cream recipe
strawberry cream recipe with step by step photos. quick to prepare delicious dessert made with strawberries & cream.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 250 grams fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup chilled cream - 25% to 50% fat
- ¼ cup powdered sugar OR icing sugar OR add as required
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract OR 1 to 2 drops of vanilla essence
rinse, hull and chop 250 grams strawberries. take them in a bowl.
add 1 tablespoon sugar. this step of macerating strawberries is optional and only if the strawberries are tart and not sweet. if the strawberries are very tart, then you can add more sugar.
mix the sugar very well and keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
later take 1 cup chilled cream and ¼ cup powdered sugar or icing sugar in a mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl.
on a medium-high to high speed whip the cream+sugar till soft peaks. you can use a stand mixer or an electric beater to whip the cream.
whip till the cream gets soft peaks.
add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and gently fold in the cream.
take serving bowls or glasses. layer them first with some of the strawberry mixture. also add a bit of the juice.
then layer with the whipped cream.
again add some of the strawberries and the juice.
repeat again with some of the whipped cream.
lastly garnish with some slices strawberries and serve. you also can chill for a few hours and then serve strawberry cream.
- do chill the cream overnight for some hours before whipping it.
- substitute for dairy cream is coconut cream, which also goes very well in this recipe.
- instead of strawberries, you can use any fresh sweet berries. fruits like mango can also be used.