kaddu pakora or pumpkin fritters made for fasting or religious vrat.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- ¾ cup finely chopped pumpkin (kaddu or petha)
- ¾ cup chopped boiled potato OR 1 medium sized potato (aloo)
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- 1 green chilli, chopped (hari mirch)
- ½ cup singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour)
- ¾ cup amaranth flour (rajgira ke atta)
- sendha namak or sock salt as required
- water as required
- oil as required
making kaddu pakora batter
chop kaddu or pumpkin finely.
also mash the boiled potatoes. take both of them in a mixing bowl.
add the other the ingredients - singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour), rajgire ka atta (amaranth flour), green chilies and rock salt.
add water as required and make a thick batter for making pakoras. season with some cumin powder and black pepper powder.
frying kaddu pakora
in a non-stick kadai or pan, heat oil.
when the oil is sufficiently hot then drop spoonful of the batter and fry the kaddu pakoras till they become crisp and golden.
drain kaddu pakoras on paper napkins to remove extra oil.
serve kaddu pakoras with yogurt which has been sweetened with sugar.