dry pomegranate chutney
dry pomegranate chutney recipe for pakoras, fritters, samosa or tandoori snacks.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 3 to 4
- 3 to 4 teaspoon dry pomegranate seeds (anardana)
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped (dhania patta)
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (pudina patta)
- ½ teaspoon cumin or cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 green chili, chopped (hari mirch)
- a few drops of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon regular sugar or organic unrefined cane sugar or as required
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 3 to 4 tablespoon water for grinding the chutney
- black salt or rock salt as required
wash the dry pomegranate seeds well in water.
add all the ingredients in a blender with some water.
grind them till smooth.
serve the pomegranate chutney as a dip with pakoras, fritters, samosa or tandoori snacks like paneer tikka, mushroom tikka.
the pomegranate chutney stays well for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.5mg