sooji kheer recipe
sooji kheer is a quick, tasty and easy to prepare semolina pudding.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 to 5
- 3 tablespoon sooji (rava or semolina)
- 3 cups milk or 750 ml milk
- 4 green cardamoms (choti elachi) - crushed to a powder in a mortar-pestle or small grinder, Or ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon cashews (kaju)
- 1 tablespoon raisins (kishmish)
- 1 tablespoon chironji (charoli) - optional
- 4 to 4.5 tablespoon sugar or add as required
- 1 pinch edible camphor (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cow's ghee - reduce the amount of ghee to ½ or ¼ tablespoon if you prefer
heat ghee in a pan. then add cashews and saute for about a minute on a low flame.
add sooji and fry till the sooji becomes fragrant.
stir continuously so that the sooji gets fried evenly. this takes about 3 to 4 minutes on a low flame. the cashews would also become golden by then.
add milk and stir.
add sugar. if using edible camphor, add now.
stir and bring the sooji kheer to a gentle simmer. you can thicken the kheer more if you prefer.
lastly add cardamom powder, raisins and seeds.
stir the sooji kheer and switch off the flame.
serve sooji kheer hot or warm or refrigerate. you can also have the kheer with pooris.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 141g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 8.1% | Vitamin C: 0.3% | Calcium: 27.9% | Iron: 20.7%