Crisp, spiced pan fried patties made with raw unripe bananas. Navratri fasting recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 400 grams Raw banana Or 3 medium to large raw bananas
- 1.5 cups For water For pressure cooking
- 10 Cashews (chopped) or 14 to 16 roasted peanuts - coarsely crushed
- ½ inch Ginger, Finely chopped or ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 Green chili (hari mirch) - finely chopped
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Freshly crushed black pepper (kali mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Finely chopped mint leaves (pudina patta)
- 2 tablespoon Arrow root flour Or water chestnut flour or buckwheat flour or amaranth flour
- Rock salt as required
- 2 tablespoon Peanut oil Or ghee for pan frying
preparing banana kofta mixture
Take 3 medium to large raw unripe bananas in a pressure cooker. Add 1.5 cups water.
Pressure cook for 3 whistles or till the bananas have complete softened.
Once they become warm, peel them and place in a mixing bowl.
Mash them with a potato masher or with a fork. Mash very well.
Then add all of the other ingredients, except oil. Mix very well.
Now take equal portions from the mixture and shape them into patties.
frying raw banana kofta
Heat 2 tbsp peanut oil in a flat pan or tawa. When the oil becomes hot, place the koftas.
When the base is cooked and becomes light golden, turn over and fry the other side.
Flip for a couple of times more and pan fry the banana koftas till they become golden and crisp.
Then drain the fried koftas on kitchen paper towels.
Serve anana koftas with coconut chutney or coriander chutney or mint chutney.