Baby Corn Fry
A simple yet delicious baby corn pepper fry. 5 ingredient recipe.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 200 grams Baby corn Or 1.5 cups sliced baby corn
- 1 Medium red bell pepper (red capsicum) or about 80 grams bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil Or sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon Crushed black pepper Or ¼ teaspoon black pepper - crushed
- Salt as required
- 1 tablespoon Chopped parsley leaves Or coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
making baby corn fry
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan. You can also use sunflower oil, if you do not have olive oil. Add the sliced baby corn. Stir well.
Saute the baby corn on a low to medium flame till the edges become a light golden.
Then add the chopped red bell pepper.
Stir and saute till the capsicum is half cooked. By this time the baby corn will also get browned from the edges and become crisp. The bell pepper or capsicum will have crunch and will be half cooked.
You do have to stir at intervals for even cooking. Cooking the baby corn takes about 6 to 7 minutes. If you slice the baby corn more thinly, the more faster they will cook.
Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper and salt as per taste.
Mix the salt and pepper with the sauteed baby corn and bell pepper.
Switch off the flame. Now add 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves. You can also add coriander leaves instead of parsley leaves.
Mix the parsley leaves very well.
Serve baby corn fry as a side dish with a main course meal.
- This recipe can be halved, doubled or tripled.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 586mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2295IU | Vitamin C: 84.2mg | Iron: 0.8mg