You can use any vegetables that you have to make this assorted pakora platter.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
For pakora batter
- 3 cups Gram flour (besan)
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1 teaspoon Carom seeds
- 1 teaspoon White sesame seeds - optional
- 1 to 2 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Water to make the batter
- Oil for frying
- Salt as required
- 2 Small brinjals, Sliced (eggplant)
- 1 Large potato, Thinly sliced
- 4 Green chili – the larger variety of green chillies meant for pakoras, Slit from one side (pakora bhajji)
- 2 to 3 slices Of bread
Slice the brinjals thinly and keep them in salted water for about 15-20 mins
Thinly slice the potatoes also. Slit the green chillies without breaking them. The top and the base of the green chillies must be intact.
Now heat oil for deep frying the pakoras.
Dip the vegetable slices one by one in the batter and slid these into the oil.
Fry the pakoras in batches and drain the fried pakoras on a kitchen tissue.
Sprinkle some chaat masala on the pakoras.
Serve the assorted pakora platter hot or warm