dry bhel puri
dry or sukha bhel puri recipe - popular street food of mumbai made from puffed rice.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 2 -3
main ingredients for dry bhel puri
- 3 cups puffed rice (murmura)
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, very finely chopped or minced
- 1 large boiled potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped raw mango (optional)
- 3 tablespoon roasted peanuts (bhuni moongphali)
- 2 or 2.5 tablespoon masala chana dal or roasted chana dal
- ½ or 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 pinch red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 2-3 broken papdis
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- black salt as required
- 3 to 4 tablespoon sev
- 4-6 papdis
- few coriander leaves for garnish (dhania patta)
take all the ingredients, except the garnish ingredients in a large bowl.
squeeze the lemon juice and give a final stir.
quickly serve in bowls or plates.
garnish with sev, coriander leaves and serve with papdis.
the bhel puri has to be served as well as eaten immediately. otherwise the puffed rice becomes soft and you won't get the crisp, crunchy texture as well as taste. if the puffed rice becomes soft, then the bhel is not enjoyed.