mango salsa recipe - spicy, sweet and tangy mango salsa made with ripe mangoes, red bell pepper, onions and spices.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 1 to 2
- 250 grams mangoes or 1 large mango or ¾ to 1 cup chopped mangoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped, 30 grams onion or 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup bell pepper, finely chopped or 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped (shimla mirch)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, crushed or ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped (dhania patta)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt as required
preparation to make mango salsa
chop 1 large mango. you should be able to get 3/4 to 1 cup chopped mangoes.
do use ripe and sweet mangoes. you can use any variety.
finely chop 1 onion and 1 small capsicum. also chop 1 green chilli and 2 to 3 tablespoons coriander leaves.
making mango salsa
add the chopped mango in a mixing bowl.
to the same bowl, add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (red capsicum), 1 green chili (chopped) and 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
add the following spices - 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper.
now add 2 teaspoons lemon juice. you can add more lemon juice if you want.
lastly season with salt. here i used rock salt. you can also use black salt or regular salt.
mix everything very well. check the taste. if the salsa is not spicy, then you can add some more green chilies. if the too spicy, then add some more mangoes.
serve mango salsa plain or with some chips, crackers or tacos.
- spices can be adjusted as per your taste preferences.
- recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- refrigerates well for 1 to 2 days.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2489mg | Potassium: 659mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 80% | Vitamin C: 189.1% | Calcium: 5.3% | Iron: 5.3%