Chia Pudding is an easy breakfast dish. This vegan chia pudding is made with coconut milk, coconut sugar, fruits and nuts. Just mix everything and refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
Prep Time5 mins
Soaking time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 5 mins
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1.5 cups light coconut milk or thin coconut milk or almond milk or cashew milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar or add as required
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom or ground cinnamon or ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana - sliced, you can add your choice of fruits
- 3 to 4 strawberries - sliced
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts or any nuts of your choice
Divide equally the chia seeds, coconut milk, coconut sugar, ground cardamom or ground cinnamon in two glasses.
Mix everything till the coconut sugar is dissolved. Break lumps if any with a spoon.
Cover and place the glasses in the fridge for 2 hours or for some more time or overnight.
After two hours or later, remove the glasses from the fridge.
Stir again and break lumps if any. The pudding would have thickened.
Top with chopped fruits and nuts.
Serve straight away.
- Coconut milk - Use light coconut milk or thin coconut milk. Thin coconut milk is the second or third press or extract. If you use thick coconut milk which is the first extract, then add ¼ cup water to coconut milk. Mix very well to a homogenous and slightly thin consistency
- Consistency: This recipe gives a thick pudding. For a less thick pudding, add 1 to 1.25 cups light coconut milk or almond milk or cashew milk.
- Scaling: The recipe can be halved or doubled or tripled.
- Milk: Any nut milk like almond milk, coconut milk and cashew milk work well in the recipe. You can even use soy milk.
- Sweeteners: Adding sweeteners is optional. You can also add less or more of the sweeteners. You can add the following sweeteners:
- unrefined cane sugar
- coconut sugar
- palm sugar
- jaggery (Indian unrefined sugar)
- maple syrup
- fruits pastes, purees and preserves like dates paste, dried figs paste, any berry preserves, apple sauce, banana puree, mango puree.
- sweetened chocolate sauce.
- Fruits: You can add fruits like apple, bananas, mango (when in season), strawberries, blueberries, cherries, sapota (chikoo) or any of your favorite fruits.
- Nuts & Dry fruits: Use dry fruits & nuts of your choice.
- For chocolate chia pudding: Dissolve 3 to 4 tablespoons cocoa powder with the milk first. Sift the cocoa powder first before adding it to the milk. Add milk in parts and mix very well to get a lump-free mixture. Later add the chia seeds, sweetener (as required). Mix and refrigerate.
- Flavorings: You can choose from the following flavorings and pair accordingly with the nut milk you are using. Flavoring like vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, lemon zest, orange zest, edible natural flower or fruit extracts can be added.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): 1mg | Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 1mg | Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 2mg | Vitamin B6: 1mg | Vitamin C: 13mg | Vitamin E: 1mg | Vitamin K: 1µg | Calcium: 151mg | Vitamin B9 (Folate): 22µg | Iron: 2mg | Magnesium: 96mg | Phosphorus: 224mg | Zinc: 1mg