Cherry Tomato Salad
Simple, easy, delicious cherry tomato salad that makes for a light side dish or meal for summers. This cherry tomato salad recipe is healthy, gut-friendly, gluten-free and vegan.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
for oil & vinegar dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar with mother - red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar or white vinegar
can also be added instead
- ½ teaspoon dried basil or ½ tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley or ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon unrefined cane sugar or white sugar - add as per taste, optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt or add as required
- ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper or black pepper powder - add as required
Rinse the cherry tomatoes very well.
Drain all the water and let the water on them dry naturally for some minutes.
Then halve the cherry tomatoes which are bigger in size keeping the smaller ones intact.
making oil & vinegar dressing
In a mixing bowl take the extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
Sprinkle the herbs, sugar, salt and crushed black pepper or black pepper powder.
Add minced or crushed garlic.
Whisk briskly so that the spices, herbs, oil, vinegar, salt and sugar are mixed evenly.
making cherry tomato salad
Add the halved cherry tomatoes.
Toss and mix so that the dressing coats the cherry tomatoes.
Serve cherry tomato salad immediately. Salads are best served fresh, especially tomato salads. If you are unable to do so, then refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours and serve later. however, on refrigeration, the taste of the tomato salad does change.
While serving you can even add some grated parmesan cheese. You can even sprinkle some herbs while serving.
- You can add more or less herbs.
- Sugar can be skipped completely.
- Instead of sugar you can also add other sweeteners like coconut sugar, palm sugar or honey.
- Grape tomatoes or small tomatoes can be replaced with cherry tomatoes.
Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 145mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 15.2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.6mg