clear vegetable noodle soup recipe - this recipe of veg noodle soup is a clear soup which is lightly spiced and mild. the soup is made with mix veggies and noodles.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
for cooking noodles
- 75 grams noodles, instant, whole wheat or rice - cal also use 2 cups cooked noodles
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
other ingredients for noodle soup
- 1 tablespoon oil - toasted sesame oil or peanut oil or sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped spring onions
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup diagonally thinly sliced french beans
- ¼ cup thinly sliced capsicum (green bell pepper)
- 4 cups water - 1 litre water or 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce (naturally fermented) or add as required
- salt as required
- ½ to 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion greens
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens - for garnish
cooking noodles for soup
take 3 cups of water in a pan and begin to heat it.
add ½ teaspoon salt. bring water to a rolling boil.
reduce the flame and add 75 grams noodles.
immerse the noodles in water with a fork or spoon.
increase the flame to medium-high and begin to cook the noodles.
the noodles need to be cooked till aldente. they should have a slight bite to them.
strain the noodles in a colander. rinse with water very well. keep the noodles aside.
preparing veggies for noodle soup
making noodle soup
heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan or wok. on a low flame add ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic. saute for some seconds till the raw aroma of garlic goes away.
then add ¼ cup chopped spring onions.
increase the flame to medium and stir fry for a minute.
add the shredded veggies. mix very well.
stir fry on medium flame for 3 minutes.
then add 4 cups water. you can also add 4 cups of homemade veg stock. mix well.
bring the soup mixture to a rolling boil on medium flame.
when the soup comes to a rolling boil, then add 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce (i used naturally fermented soy sauce).
season with salt as per taste. also add crushed black pepper as required.
add the noodles. mix very well.
simmer noodle soup for 5 to 6 minutes on a medium flame.
add ½ to 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or white vinegar. mix well and switch off the flame. lemon juice can be added instead of vinegar.
then add 2 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens and 3 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves.
mix well and serve noodle soup hot.
you can garnish clear veg noodle soup with some chopped spring onion greens.
while serving first add soup in the bowl. then with pasta tongs lift the noodles and place it in the soup bowl.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2005IU | Vitamin C: 14.4mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.5mg