paneer cheese cutlet
paneer cheese cutlet recipe are crisp and melt in the mouth pan fried cutlets made with paneer and mozzarella cheese.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 5 large cutlets
for paneer cutlet mixture
- 1 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 green chili , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 pinch of garam masala powder
- salt as required
other ingredients for paneer cheese cutlet
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
making cutlet mixture
take 1 cup grated paneer in a mixing bowl.
add ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese.
then add 1 green chili (finely chopped) and 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves. for small kids you can skip green chilies. you can also add a pinch of black pepper instead of green chilies.
add a pinch of garam masala powder and salt as required. do add less salt as cheese also has some salt in it. later after mixing you can always add more salt if required.
then add ½ cup bread crumbs.
mix very well. check the taste and if required then only add some more salt.
now shape the mixture into cutlets or tikki. you can make large sized cutlets or medium sized.
in a small plate take 2 tablespoons rice flour.
place each cutlet and dredge it with the flour evenly.
frying paneer cheese cutlets
heat 2 tablespoons oil in a tawa or a shallow frying pan.
when the oil becomes medium hot, dust the excess rice flour and place the paneer cheese cutlets in the oil.
pan fry them on a medium flame.
when the base is golden then flip the paneer tikkis. be gentle when flipping as these are light and can break. use a butter knife when flipping.
fry the second side also till crisp and golden.
you can turn over a couple of times for even frying.
then place the paneer cutlet which are fried and done on a kitchen paper towel.
serve paneer cheese cutlet hot or warm with coriander chutney, tomato ketchup or yogurt dip.
a few tips and suggestions for making paneer cheese cutlets:
- to make breadcrumbs, grind 1 slice of bread (white, whole wheat or multi grain) in a mixer or grinder. leftover breadcrumbs can be freezed or refrigerated and used as required.
- you can skip green chilies if you want.
- less oil can also be added if you want.
- these paneer tikkis can also be baked. brush them with a bit of oil and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius till the crust is golden.
- for coating, you can use bread crumbs instead of rice flour. even corn flour or gram flour can be used.
- if you do not have mozzarella cheese, then you can use cheddar or processed cheese.
- the recipe can also be halved or doubled.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 29mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 292mg | Iron: 0.6mg