paneer hariyali tikka
this is a delicious hariyali paneer tikka recipe made in oven. paneer tikka (be it any variation) is one of the easiest starter or snack recipe that can be made.
Prep Time40 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time1 hr
for hariyali (green) paste:
- ½ cup coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ¼ cup mint leaves (pudina patta)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger (adrak) OR 1 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic OR 4 medium garlic cloves (lahsun)
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chili or 1 green chili, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh curd (yogurt or dahi)
other ingredients for hariyali paneer tikka:
- 200 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- ¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric powder OR 1 to 2 pinches turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 tablespoon rice flour OR besan (gram flour) OR corn flour
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
- ¼ teaspoon regular salt or add as required
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons oil - optional
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime or lemon, quartered
- chaat masala to sprinkle, as required
making green (hariyali) paste:
in a small blender jar take ½ cup rinsed coriander leaves and ¼ cup rinsed mint leaves.
add 1 teaspoon chopped ginger, 1 teaspoon chopped garlic and add 1 teaspoon chopped green chili.
then add 3 tablespoons fresh curd.
grind to a smooth paste without adding any water.
making hariyali paneer tikka marination:
take the ground green paste in a bowl.
add the following - ¼ teaspoon carom seeds, ⅛ teaspoon turmeric powder or 1 to 2 pinches turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder, ¼ teaspoon cumin powder, ¼ teaspoon coriander powder, ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder, ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder and ¼ teaspoon chaat masala powder
then add 1 tablespoon rice flour. you can also use 1 tablespoon besan or corn flour instead.
next add ¼ teaspoon black salt and ¼ teaspoon regular salt or add as required.
now add 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
mix everything very well.
now add paneer cubes (200 grams).
gently mix the paneer cubes with the marinade.
cover and marinate for minimum 30 minutes at room temperature or a couple of hours in the fridge. below is the pic after marinating for 30 minutes at room temperature.
making hariyali paneer tikka in oven:
now thread the paneer cubes in a bamboo or metal skewer. place the skewers on a metal rack or on a tray.
keep the tray in an oven which is already preheated at 250 degrees celsius for 10 minutes. keep in center rack and grill hariyali paneer tikka at 250 degrees celsius with only the top heating element on.
halfway through grilling, remove the pan from oven, roughly after 8 to 10 minutes.
brush some oil on the paneer tikka. you can skip oil if you want.
turn over and brush oil on the other side too.
keep the pan back in the oven and continue to grill for 8 to 10 minutes or till you see a few charred spots at the edges of the paneer cubes. overall you need to grill paneer tikka for 16 to 20 minutes.
serve hariyali paneer tikka with mint-curd chutney or coriander chutney. sprinkle some chaat masala on the tikka before serving. also accompany some onion slices and lemon wedges.
- veggies like onion, tomato and capsicum (bell pepper) can be added in the marination along with paneer cubes.
- oil can be skipped if you want.
- you can add spice powders more or less as per your preferences.
- tofu can be substituted instead of paneer.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 435mg | Potassium: 66mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 353mg | Iron: 0.3mg