this bread pizza on tawa is a quick, easy and tasty bread snack. the bread base mimics the pizza base with veggie toppings.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
for light toasting bread
- 6 large bread slices or sandwich bread slices - whole wheat, white, multi grain or brown bread
- olive oil or butter as required
toppings for bread pizza
- pizza sauce as required
- 1 medium onion - cut in small cubes
- 1 medium capsicum - cut in small cubes
- 1 medium tomato - cut in small cubes (OPTIONAL)
- 5 to 6 olives - sliced (OPTIONAL)
- oregano as required
- dried basil as required
- crushed black pepper or black pepper powder, as required, (OPTIONAL)
- 1 to 1.25 cups grated mozzarella cheese OR pizza cheese - add as required
- red chilli flakes as required - (OPTIONAL)
toasting bread for bread pizza
heat a heavy tawa or pan. spread about ½ teaspoon olive oil on it. you can even use butter instead of olive oil. keep the flame to its lowest.
place bread slice on it. you can keep 1 to 2 bread slices at a time depending on the size of the tawa or pan.
lightly toast the bread from the base and then flip it.
making bread pizza
now quickly spread some pizza sauce on the lightly toasted side.
top with small onion cubes. chop all the veggies and keep it ready before you start preparing the pizza.
then place capsicum cubes. keep the capsicum cubes small. while adding the topping keep the flame to its lowest.
now top with small tomato cubes. also add some sliced olives. both tomatoes and olives are optional and you can skip them.
sprinkle dried herbs like oregano, basil. also add some crushed black pepper or black pepper powder. addition of black pepper is optional.
while adding the toppings, you can also switch off the flame if you want.
now top with grated mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese.
keep the flame to its lowest. place a lid on the bread pizza.
cook till cheese melts and the bread is toasted.
remove bread pizza with a spatula and place it on a serving plate. sprinkle some red chili flakes or oregano if you want.
serve bread pizza hot plain or accompanied with tomato ketchup or pizza sauce.
few tips for making bread pizza on tawa
- you can add your choice of veggies. steamed corn kernels or sauteed mushrooms or sauteed spinach can also be added.
- you can even add fresh basil leaves instead of dried basil.
- you can even use pizza seasoning instead of adding dried herbs separately.
- do use a heavy tawa or pan. if you use a tava or griddle which is not heavy, then the bread can get burnt from bottom.