paneer cutlet recipe - easy to prepare crisp cutlets made with paneer and mix vegetables.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
veggies for paneer cutlet
- 3 small to medium potatoes OR 150 grams potatoes
- 1 medium carrot OR 100 grams carrots
- ⅓ cup green peas fresh or frozen, (matar)
- 2 cups water for pressure cooking
other ingredients for paneer cutlet
- 200 grams paneer OR 1.75 cups grated or crumbled paneer
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 1 to 2 pinches of turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt as required
- 3 to 4 tablespoons rice flour or corn starch or arrow root flour or roasted gram flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons sooji or breadcrumbs or crushed oats or crushed corn flakes
- 3 tablespoons oil for pan frying
preparation for paneer cutlet
first peel and take 3 small to medium potatoes, 1 medium carrot and ⅓ cup green peas in a pressure cooker.
add 2 cups water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles on medium to high flame. when the pressure settles down, open the lid.
drain all the water and let the veggies cool down completely.
in a mortar-pestle take 1 green chili, 2 medium garlic cloves and 1 inch ginger (all chopped).
crush to a semi-fine paste. keep aside.
crumble 200 grams paneer finely. you can even grate paneer. you will need 1.75 cups grated or crumbled paneer. cover and keep aside.
making paneer cutlet
take the boiled veggies in a mixing bowl or pan.
with a vegetable masher mash the veggies.
add the crushed ginger+garlic+green chilli paste.
add the spice powders - 1 to 2 pinch of turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon red chili powder, ½ teaspoon coriander powder, ½ teaspoon cumin powder and ¼ teaspoon garam masala.
add crumbled paneer.
add 3 to 4 tablespoons rice flour and salt as required. instead of rice flour, you can also use corn starch, arrow root flour or roasted besan (gram flour) or sattu flour.
next add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
mix everything very well. do check the taste and if required add more salt.
take a portion of the mixture and shape in to patties. instead of rava, you can also use crushed oats, rice flour, bread crumbs, or crushed corn flakes.
in a plate take 3 tablespoons rava or sooji in a plate. place the paneer cutlet on the rava. coat well and dust off the excess sooji. make all cutlets this way and coat them with sooji. keep aside.
frying paneer cutlet
heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pan or tawa. keep the flame to medium-low or medium and place the paneer cutlet.
when the base is golden, flip gently without breaking them.
fry the second side too without golden. flip a couple of times till the paneer cutlet are crisp and golden.
place fried paneer cutlet on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil.
serve paneer cutlet hot with any sauce or chutney or dip.
- do not deep fry these paneer cutlets.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 895mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5760IU | Vitamin C: 16.5mg | Calcium: 430mg | Iron: 5.5mg