corn salsa is a tasty, tangy and spicy salsa made with sweet corn.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 cup boiled corn OR 1 medium to large corn cob, boiled or steamed (makai or bhutta or sweet corn)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions OR spring onions
- 1 green chili - chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- salt as required
- lemon juice as required
preparation to make corn salsa
in a pressure cooker, take 1 medium to large corn cob. add water almost covering the corn cob. pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles or till the corn is steamed well. you can even steam the corn cob in a pan.
when the corn cob cools down, then carefully with a knife slice off the corn kernels. you will need 1 cup of steamed corn kernels.
making corn salsa
now in a bowl take the corn kernels. also add ¼ cup finely chopped onions or spring onions, 1 green chili (chopped) and 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
next add ¼ teaspoon cumin powder, ¼ teaspoon red chili powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder and salt as required.
squeeze some lemon juice.
mix very well.
serve corn salsa with nachos or crackers.
- recipe can be doubled or tripled
- you can add the green chilies or spice powders less or more as per your choice.
Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 1250mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Iron: 0.4mg