cauliflower curry recipe is a healthy and delicious gobi curry that goes very well with chapatis or rice.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 300 grams cauliflower OR 2.5 to 3 cups chopped cauliflower (gobi)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped, OR ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 1.5 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped OR 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chili - chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ¾ to 1 cup water or add as required
- salt as required
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon kasuri methi - crushed (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan or kadai.
add ½ teaspoon cumin seeds and let them splutter.
then add ⅓ cup chopped onions.
saute the onions on medium-low flame till they become translucent.
next add 1.5 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste or crushed ginger-garlic.
mix and saute the ginger-garlic, till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
reduce the flame to a low. then add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder and ½ teaspoon coriander powder.
keep the flame low, mix the spices very well. you can even switch off the flame.
next add 1 cup chopped tomatoes and 1 green chili (chopped).
mix the tomatoes very well and begin to saute them on a low to medium-low flame.
saute till the tomatoes become soften, becoming mushy and you see oil releasing from sides of the pan.
then add 2.5 to 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets. if you want, you can even blanch the cauliflower in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes.
mix the cauliflower very well with the masala.
season with salt as per taste. mix very well.
cooking cauliflower curry
then add ¾ to 1 cup water or add as required.
cover the pan with a lid and cook the cauliflower curry on a low to medium-low flame till the cauliflower is cooked and tender.
do check in between and if the water dries up, you can add more water.
once the cauliflower is done, then add ¼ teaspoon kasuri methi. crush the kasuri methi and then add.
mix again well and switch off the flame.
lastly add 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves. mix well.
serve cauliflower curry with chapatis or steamed rice. you can also serve the cauliflower curry as a side dish with a combo of dal-rice or any veg gravy and rice.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 1327mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1590IU | Vitamin C: 174.3mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 2.5mg