This is a healthy and delicious one pot oats khichdi made with oats, mix vegetable and moong dal.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1.5 tablespoons Ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Small tej patta (indian bay leaf)
- ⅓ cup Chopped onions OR 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Finely chopped ginger OR ½ inch ginger - finely chopped
- 1 Green chili - chopped
- ⅓ cup Tomatoes OR 1 small to medium sized tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Chopped carrots
- ⅓ cup Chopped potatoes
- ⅓ cup Green peas - fresh or frozen
- ⅓ cup Moong dal (split and husked moong lentils)
- ⅓ cup Quick cooking oats Or rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 2.5 cups Water Or add as required
- Salt as required
- 2 tablespoons Chopped coriander leaves
In a 2 litre pressure cooker, first heat 1.5 tablespoons ghee. Then add 1 small tej patta and 1 teaspoon cumin seeds. Let the cumin seeds crackle.
Then add ⅓ cup chopped onions.
Saute onions till they turn translucent.
Then add ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger and 1 green chili, chopped. Saute for a few seconds.
Next add ⅓ cup chopped tomatoes.
Saute till tomatoes soften.
Then add the mixed veggies. You can add veggies of your choice. Saute veggies for a minute.
Then add ⅓ cup moong dal which has been rinsed. mix very well.
cooking oats khichdi
Next add ⅓ cup oats.
Also add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder and ¼ teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder.
Mix very well. add 2.5 cups water. Season with salt and mix again.
Cover the cooker with its lid and pressure cook on medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
When pressure settles down on its own, remove the lid and stir the oats khichdi.
Serve oats khichdi hot or warm with a garnish of chopped coriander leaves. You can accompany some salad, pickle, raita, yogurt or drizzle some lemon juice on top of oats khichdi.
- Recipe can be halved or doubled.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 865mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4095IU | Vitamin C: 24.7mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 5.2mg