ugadi pachadi is one of the most important dish that is made during ugadi festival.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 teaspoon tamarind
- ¼ cup water for soaking tamarind
- ⅓ cup water to be added later
- ¼ cup jaggery
- ⅓ cup finely chopped raw mangoes
- 2 tablespoons neem flowers
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt or add as required
soak 1 teaspoon tamarind in ¼ cup water for about 40 minutes to 1 hours. then squeeze the tamarind pulp and keep it aside. in a bowl, add this tamarind pulp.
then add ⅓ cup water.
add ¼ cup chopped jaggery.
mix very well with a spoon so that the jaggery dissolves.
then add the finely chopped raw mangoes and neem flowers.
season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder. mix very well.
offer ugadi pachadi as naivedyam to your deities. then serve it your family.
- ugadi pachadi recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- you can add less or more of any of the 6 ingredients.