veg masala pasta recipe - simple to prepare tasty pasta made indian style.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
for cooking pasta
- 1 cup heaped penne pasta, 100 grams
- 4 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt or add as required
for masala base
- ⅓ cup finely chopped spring onions or onions
- ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup tightly packed finely chopped tomatoes or 2 medium to large tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ⅓ cup finely chopped carrots
- ¼ cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum or bell pepper
- ½ cup water or add as required
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions greens, optional
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt as required
- some grated cheddar cheese for garnish, optional
heat 4 cups water along with ½ teaspoon salt till it comes to a boil.
when the water comes to a boil, add the pasta.
cook till the pasta becomes aldente. you can also cook it more if you want.
strain the pasta and keep aside.
making masala pasta
heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan.add the finely chopped spring onions or onions.
saute till the onions become translucent.
then add ginger-garlic paste. saute till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
then add 1 cup tightly packed finely chopped tomatoes.
stir and saute on a low to medium flame till the tomatoes become pulpy and soften.
then add all the spice powders one by one.
mix the spice powders very well.
next add the mix veggies.
season with salt. mix very well and saute for a minute.
add water. mix again. cover the pan with its lid. on a low to medium flame simmer till the veggies are cooked.
when the veggies are done, add the pasta. mix very well.
next add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves and 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions greens (optional).
then add garam masala powder. mix well. switch off the flame.
serve indian style masala pasta hot or warm garnished with some coriander leaves or some grated cheddar cheese or vegetarian parmesan cheese.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 63.9% | Vitamin C: 30.7% | Calcium: 6.4% | Iron: 3.6%