This is a simple and easy breakfast or snack idea of grilled paneer sandwich.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
main ingredients for paneer sandwich
- 200 grams paneer - crumbled (cottage cheese)
- 2 tablespoon curd (yogurt)
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder (ground coriander)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- salt as required
other ingredients for paneer sandwich
- 1 medium onion - thinly sliced in rounds
- 1 small to medium red capsium - thinly sliced (bell pepper)
- chaat masala as required
- green chutney or sandwich chutney as required
- butter as required
- 12 to 14 bread slices, whole wheat or brown or multigrain or white bread
preparation for paneer sandwich
Crumble 200 grams paneer in a bowl or pan.
Do not crumble finely. Some small chunks of paneer is fine. You can even chop paneer in small cubes instead of crumbling.
Add the following spice powders: 1 pinch of turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon cumin powder, ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon coriander powder, ½ teaspoon garam masala powder, ½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder).
Add 2 tablespoon curd (yogurt or dahi).
Also season with salt.
Mix very well.
making paneer sandwich
Take the bread slices and spread some butter on them.
Spread sandwich chutney on the slices.
Now place some thin onion slices and sliced bell pepper.
Sprinkle some chaat masala on top. Place the paneer stuffing.
Cover with the remaining bread slices on which both butter and sandwich chutney has already been spread.
Place the paneer sandwiches in a preheated sandwich maker.
Grill till crisp and golden.
Remove and Serve paneer sandwiches hot or warm with any dip or sauce of your choice.
Veg paneer sandwich - recipe 2
Ingredients For sandwiches
Ingredients for paneer stuffing
- 8 to 10 slices of whole wheat bread or brown bread or white bread
- 1 medium size tomato
- 1 beetroot - boiled and peeled
- 1 potato - boiled and peeled
- 1 medium sized onion - peeled
- Chaat masala as required
- Roasted cumin powder as required
- Butter or olive oil as required
Method to make veg paneer sandwiches
- 200 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 4 to 5 italian basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder or red chili flakes
- 1 green chili - chopped
- Rock salt or black salt as required
- Crumble the paneer in a bowl.
- Add all the fresh herbs, oregano, green chilies, red chili powder, pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Slice all the veggies thinly.
- Spread butter on the bread or brush some oil. Place the paneer mixture on the bread.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and jeera powder.
- Place the two or three slices of each veggie on the paneer stuffing.
- Sprinkle again some salt, chaat masala and cumin powder.
- Place the other buttered slice on the top. Either grill or toast the paneer sandwich till crisp and browned from both sides.
- Brush some oil or butter on the top of the sandwiches. Serve veg paneer sandwich hot with mint coriander chutney and tomato sauce.
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1473mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1620IU | Vitamin C: 54.3mg | Calcium: 613mg | Iron: 7.3mg