this is an easy and tasty recipe to make a veg clear soup. this vegetable soup is light, healthy and nutritious.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ¾ teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- ¼ cup chopped spring onions or onions
- ½ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ⅓ cup finely chopped carrots
- ¼ to ⅓ cup finely chopped capsicum (bell pepper)
- ¼ cup finely chopped french beans
- 1 tablespoon oil - can use olive oil or sesame oil or sunflower oil or can also use butter
- 3 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder or add as required
- 1 generous pinch of nutmeg powder
- salt as required
- some chopped spring onion greens for garnish
finely chop ½ teaspoon garlic and ¾ teaspoon ginger. keep them aside.
also finely chop the vegetables you are going to use in the soup. i have used spring onions, cabbage, carrots, capsicum and french beans. you can use around 1.5 cups of finely chopped veggies of your choice.
making vegetable soup
in a pan or pot, take 1 tablespoon oil. you can use olive oil or sesame oil or sunflower oil. you can also use butter. add ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic (lahsun) and ¾ teaspoon finely chopped ginger (adrak).
saute till the raw aroma of both ginger and garlic goes away. saute for some seconds, but do not brown them.
then add ¼ cup chopped spring onions. you can also add chopped onions instead of spring onions. saute till translucent. you can also add ½ teaspoon chopped celery in this step.
now add ½ cup finely chopped cabbage, ⅓ cup finely chopped carrots, ¼ to ⅓ cup finely chopped capsicum and ¼ cup finely chopped french beans.
saute for 1 to 2 minutes. then add 3 cups water.
season with ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder or add as per taste.
season with salt as required. grate about a pinch of nutmeg in the soup.
stir very well. cover the pan and simmer the clear soup on a low to medium flame till the veggies are almost done.
some crunch in the veggies taste good. so do not cook the veggies completely.
if using mushrooms or potatoes or cauliflower then you will have to cook the veggies till they are done. basically it depends on the type of veggies you will add in the soup.
garnish with some chopped spring onion greens and serve vegetable soup hot.
- this veg soup recipe can be easily doubled.
- you can add vegetables of your choice.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2570IU | Vitamin C: 17.8mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.2mg