mumbai mysore masala dosa
bombay mysore masala dosa are crisp dosa stuffed with spicy & juicy potato-veggie filling. this variety of mysore masala dosa is a mumbai street food.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 3 to 4
- 2 cups dosa batter
- 1.5 cup potato sabzi for the dosa
- 1.5 cup chopped or grated mix vegetables - onions. tomatoes, green bell pepper (capsicum), carrots, beetroot, cabbage
- pav bhaji masala as required
- red chili powder (lal mirch powder) - optional
- salt as required
- oil or butter or ghee as required
- 1 bowl coconut chutney as an accompaniment
spread a large spoonful or ladle of dosa batter on a hot tava or frying pan.
add some oil and let the dosa cook for 1-2 minutes.
now add the potato sabzi/masala.
add the chopped veggies.
sprinkle the pav bhaji masala & salt.
add some more oil or butter.
with a potato masher mash the whole mixture well.
cover the dosa from both sides or just from one side.
flip and cook the dosa from both the sides.
serve mumbai mysore masala dosa hot with coconut chutney and veg sambar.
you can make your own potato or aloo sabzi for the dosa.
some amchur powder added gives a nice tangy taste.