Indo Chinese preparation with hakka noodles and mix vegetables.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 200 grams hakka noodles - 1 pack of hakka noodles
- 3 to 4 small to medium spring onions, finely chopped, reserve a few greens for garnish
- 1 small to medium carrot, finely chopped or julienned
- 8 to 10 french beans, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 button mushrooms finely chopped * check notes
- 1 small to medium bell pepper - red green or yellow, finely chopped or julienned
- 1.5 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 to 3 dry red chilies (broken and deseeded) or fresh green chilies (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon rice vinegar or white vinegar or rice wine
- ½ tablespoon naturally fermented soy sauce or regular soy sauce or add as required
- ½ tablespoon oil for coating the noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir frying
- salt and pepper as required
- enough water to cook the noodles
Heat enough water in a pan with salt and a few drops of oil, till it comes to a boil.
Add the hakka noodles and cook according to the package instructions.
When the noodles are cooking, rinse and chop all the veggies or you can chop the veggies before you start cooking the noodles.
Drain and rinse the noodles in running water, so that the noodles stop cooking.
Then add oil and gently mix, so that the oil gets evenly coated on the noodles.
Keep the noodles aside.
making hakka noodles
Heat oil in a wok or kadai or a pan.
On medium heat, first add the dry red chilies and garlic.
Saute for a minute, then add the finely chopped spring onions and french beans
Increase the flame and stir fry for 3 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper (capsicum) and celery.
Stir fry all the veggies on a high flame till the veggies start getting slightly browned from the edges. This will take about 5 to 6 mins after adding the carrots.
Add soy sauce and stir.
Add the hakka noodles and toss it well and stir fry for a minute on high heat.
Season with salt and pepper. Also, add rice vinegar or white vinegar. Continue to toss and cook on a high flame for a minute.
Toss the whole mixture well and add the chopped spring onion greens or garnish with spring onions while serving.
Serve hakka noodles plain or accompanied with veg manchurian curry or vegetables in hot and sour sauce.
- * the mushrooms have to be chopped fine, so that they cook quickly on a high heat while stir frying. Since mushrooms are used in this recipe, there is quite some moisture while stir frying the veggies which won't be there if mushrooms are not added. You may have to reduce the time of stir frying if not using mushrooms.