quick paneer tikka recipe
This is a quick paneer tikka recipe that does not require paneer cubes to be marinated for minutes or hours. A really quick snack that you can make with paneer and bell peppers.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
main ingredients for paneer tikka
- 125 to 150 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 small capsicum - green, red or yellow (bell pepper or shimla mirch)
- oil for shallow frying or pan frying
- chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves for garnishing (optional)
- 1 to 1.5 teaspoon ginger garlic paste (adrak lahsun ka paste) or approx 2-3 garlic + ½ inch ginger crushed to a paste in a mortar-pestle
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
- 1 to 2 pinches turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder) or as required
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala or as required
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds) - coarsely crushed in a mortar-pestle
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- salt as required
preparation for quick paneer tikka
Cut the paneer and bell pepper in cubes or small squares.
Mix all the ingredients listed under marination well.
Add the paneer and bell pepper and to this mixture and mix well so that the cubes are evenly coated.
Skewer the paneer and bell pepper cubes alternately on toothpicks.
making quick paneer tikka
Heat oil for shallow frying in a kadai or pan till medium hot.
Add the skewered paneer tooth pics in the oil and shallow fry till light golden and crisp.
Don't fry a lot as the paneer cubes will become dense.
Fry the paneer tikka in batches.
Drain on kitchen paper napkins.
Whiles serving paneer tikka, sprinkle some chaat masala & black salt & lemon juice along with chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves on the paneer tikka.
Serve paneer tikka hot with mint yogurt chutney or even tomato sauce.
- The spices can be adjusted as per your requirements.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 1190mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1940IU | Vitamin C: 76.5mg | Calcium: 303mg | Iron: 0.9mg