bhindi ki sabji recipe
bhindi ki sabzi recipe - simple and easy dry okra curry recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 3 to 4
- 250 grams bhindi (okra or lady finger)
- 1 green chili - chopped
- 1 medium or large sized onion - chopped
- 1 large tomato - chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder (saunf powder)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- a pinch or two of dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- salt as required
- few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
preparation for bhindi sabji recipe
rinse 250 grams bhindi (okra) well with water.
dry each bhindi with kitchen napkin.
remove the head and the tail and chop the bhindi into round pieces.
making bhindi ki sabji
heat oil in pan or wok. fry the onions till transparent.
now add the green chili and tomatoes.
saute them for a couple of minutes till the tomatoes become soft.
add all the dry spice powders one by one.
stir and then add bhindi (okra). mix well. add salt as required and mix.
place a lid with a rim on the pan or kadai. pour water on the lid.
cook the bhindi till done on low to medium flame.
keep on checking in between and stir occasionally, so that the bhindi sabzi does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
when the bhindi is cooked, then garnish bhindi sabzi with chopped coriander leaves.
serve bhindi ki sabji hot with rotis or parathas.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 60mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 940IU | Vitamin C: 29.3mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1mg