arbi patties recipe - a simple fasting recipe of arbi tikki or patties.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 250 grams arbi (colocasia roots)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour)
- 1 inch green chili + ½ ginger made into a paste
- 1 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- rock salt (sendha namak) as required
- 2 to 3 teaspoons oil or as required for frying the tikkis
boil the arbi till become soft in a pressure cooker or in a pan.
peel all of them.
add the rest of the ingredients to the arbi.
mash well and mix everything uniformly.
the mixture is sticky.
so while shaping the tikkis, you can apply some oil on your palms.
shape into round tikkis and pan fry them with some oil till golden brown on both sides.
serve arbi tikki hot with green chutney or sweet chutney and a side raita.