carrot tomato soup
tomato carrot soup is a healthy and easy soup made with carrots and tomatoes.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 to 3 large spinach leaves (palak) - optional
- 5 to 6 french beans - optional
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped (lahsun)
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing) - optional
- 2 to 3 pinches of black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) - optional
- 2 cups water
- 1 or 1.5 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- black salt or rock salt as required
- few cilantro or parsley leaves for garnishing
making carrot tomato puree
rinse the veggies first. peel the carrots and onion. chop all the veggies.
in a pressure cooker add the veggies, chopped garlic and water.
stir and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles or till the vegetables are cooked well.
alternatively the veggies can also be cooked in a pot.
cover the pot and let the veggies get steamed.
no need to drain the boiled veggies.
once the vegetables become warm. blend with a hand blender or in a blender. blend the veggies till smooth.
i blended in a grinder. alternatively you can also blend in the pressure cooker itself with a hand blender.
making carrot tomato soup
heat olive oil in a pan. add the cumin powder and salt.
stir for a few seconds and add the vegetable puree to this mixture.
stir and simmer the tomato carrot soup for 2-3 minutes.
if the mixture is thick, you can add some water and if its thin, then you can cook for a few minutes more.
garnish tomato carrot soup with cilantro or parsley leaves.
serve carrot tomato soup hot. you can also garnish the soup with some grated paneer or cheese.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1227mg | Potassium: 567mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 11215IU | Vitamin C: 24.5mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg